Monday Night Practice Schedule, 6:30-8:30pm
- August 7: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Sutra Service by Cathy Perry.
- August 14: Orientation for those new to MCPS at 5:30pm. Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Listen to recorded talk by Thich Nhat Hanh with Heidi Malcomson
- August 21: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Three Forgiveness Prostrations by Cathy Perry.
- August 28: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Deep Relaxation led by Vera Garibaldi.
The Grace in Aging: Book Club
The first meeting on The Grace in Aging: Awaken As You Grow Older was held on July 17th with several folks participating and some deep sharing about our feelings as we move through the 6th and 7th decades of our lives. We discussed the first 4 questions of the Questionnaire on Aging and set a schedule for the next 4 discussions.
- August 7 and 14 and will cover pages 1-77 of the book.
- September 11th and 25th will cover another 60 or 70 pages.
Please join us if you can, on these Mondays from 4:30 to 6pm in the Dharma Gate Library. – Sol, Ellie and John F.
August 12th: A Picnic Potluck with MCPS Family Sangha
MCPS’s Family Sangha invites you to get to know us at a picnic potluck at Jessica, Stella and Ryan’s home on August 12th at 3pm. For the past year we have been meeting monthly, and many family sangha members are not able to attend other MCPS gatherings due to family needs. We would love to get to know the larger Sangha. Additionally, we will be discussing Family Sangha activities for the coming year and would love to share ideas together, especially ways to be more inclusive. Please contact Jessica for more information.
September 23rd, MCPS Yard Sale and Open House
The Dharma Gate Facility Committee will hold an Open House and Yard Sale for the neighbors and general public on Saturday, September 23rd from 10AM to 2PM. This is a good way to get rid of items we have accumulated at Dharma Gate but no longer use, provide a comfortable way for our neighbors to visit and find out about our programs and raise a little money to support the facility. You can help in the following ways:
- Start setting aside items to donate for the yard sale
- Sign up to help with the sorting/pricing of the items on Friday, Sept 22nd between 8:30 and noon.
- Sign up to help with the sale or host tours of the facility and talk to visitors on Saturday
Contact Ellie Graham at email@example.com if you can help or have questions.
Fall Monday Night Practice with Serena and Jabali
Serena Maurer and Jabali Stewart attended the most recent Practice Committee Meeting and were guest speakers on a Monday night in June. Click here to learn more about them and read their proposal for practice which will begin this Fall. The practice committee is excited about this proposal and the integration of engaged Buddhism and social justice within our practice. Please provide any feedback or questions you may have for this practice to the Practice Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quarterly Practice Committee Meeting; All are welcome
Upcoming Board Meetings, 4:15pm at Dharma Gate; all are welcome
Monday, September 25
Monday, October 23
Monday, December 4