Monday Night Practice Schedule, 6:30-8:30 PM
- July 3: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Sutra Service.
- July 10: Orientation to practice at 5:30pm. Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Second half we will be listening to a Dharma Talk by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- July 17: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Deep relaxation with John M.
- July 24: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. TNH tradition song circle (bring your favorite sangha songs to share!)
- July 31st Two Periods of sitting and walking. Community gathering with Sharyne.
Book Club Beginning July 17th
The Grace in Aging, Awaken as You Grow Older by Kathleen Dowling-Singh (an amazing Buddhist practitioner, writer and teacher) will be the “jumping off point” for our Book Group discussions on the topic of “aging” but the book really focuses on “becoming aware and letting go of selfing”. Starting on July 17th, we will be meeting on the 1st and 3rd Mondays from 4:30 to 5:30 PM at Dharma Gate. Please join us in reading (or not) and discussing how we understand “aging” and practice with this Dharma Gate in our own lives. – Sol, Ellie and John Flynn.
July 20th: Meet Brother Bieu Hien from Plum Village
Brother Bieu Hien is making himself available to talk about the Dharma from his home in Plum Village. Please consider joining us on July 20th at 9:00am. Please email email@example.com if you would like to join on the call; Google Hangout or Zoom app is required.
Dharma Gate Facility Work Party: July 29th
We will hold an all day work party on Saturday, July 29 from 9AM to 5PM to make repairs and improvements to our facility and garden. Please join us even if for a couple of hours. Here is a list of jobs that need doing; if you are interested in one, but can’t do it on the work party date, let Ellie Graham know and she can set you up with the supplies you need to complete the job. Thank you! (Contact Ellie at 206-679-5531 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paint the alley side of the garage and touch up areas on the parking side.
- Clean gutters
- Wash the outside of the windows of both buildings
- Stain the railings to the Library to match those of the Zendo building
- Put down a weed resistant layer of material and cover the yard on the North side of building with fine gravel.
- Clean the basement and organize items into what to save and what can be sold at a yard sale in September or taken immediately to the dump.
Fall Monday Night Practice with Serena and Jabali
Serena Maurer and Jabali Stewart attended the most recent Practice Committee Meeting and were guest speakers on a Monday night in June. Click here to learn more about them and read their proposal for practice which will begin this Fall. The practice committee is excited about this proposal and the integration of engaged Buddhism and social justice within our practice. Please provide any feedback or questions you may have for this practice to the Practice Committee at email@example.com.
Monday, September 25
Monday, October 23
Monday, December 4