Monday Night Practice Schedule, 6:30-8:30 PM
- May 1: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Sutra Service.
- May 8: Orientation to practice at 5:30pm. One periods of sitting and walking meditation. Buddha’s Birthday Ceremony.
- May 15: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Presentation on practicing deeply with Mindfulness bells with Jon Prescott
- May 22: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Presentation on practicing deeply with walking and sitting with Jon Prescott
- May 29: Two periods of sitting and walking meditation. Community Gathering.
Day of Mindfulness: “Illumination of the Heart”
Saturday June 24, 10am to 4pm at Dharma Gate
As summer solstice approaches, we will celebrate the brightest, longest day of the year by celebrating the light within our hearts. Dharma Talks led by Jon Prescott. Please RSVP to Cathy. Open until filled, limited to 50 attendees. Priority to MCPS members and families.
Dharma Gate Facility Work Parties:
May 27th, 9am – 12noon
We have several touch up painting and repair jobs that need to be done and hope to accomplish them if the weather is compliant.
June 14th, 4:30pm
It is our intention to have at least one person from each constituent group at the meeting to report on the latest activities, future plans, concerns. Reports from the groups are helpful if there is not a representative. All MCPS members are invited to attend and contribute. For MCPS Practice Committee Suggestions, email mcpsdharmaideas @ gmail.com or mcpssuggestions @ gmail.com
Upcoming Board Meetings, 4:15pm at Dharma Gate
Monday, August 28
Monday, September 25
Monday, October 23
Monday, December 4
Optional sitting begins in the Zendo at 3:45pm for those who can make it. All MCPS members are welcome to attend Board meetings. If you have something you would like to bring forward to the Board, please let Robbie know two weeks before the meeting when the agenda is being set.
This page is updated at the end of each month.